Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 15 - Fort Stockton, TX

Be careful what you wish for, especially on the ides of March.  I wished for a night in Fort Stockton to do a little geocaching and to get a photo of this roadrunner.  My wish came true only because our fuel pump died.  We limped into town, only had to be towed a couple of miles, got a new fuel pump installed right away and had the truck running in time to go geocaching and get the photo.  My wish cost $750 because in addition to the new fuel pump we replaced the original batteries in the truck with two new ones.  This cemetery is an historic cemetery.  We liked their creative use of the metal markers.

We spent the night in the yard of Hector Galindo, the man who got the truck up and running again.  His shop is in the background and his house is to the left of the shop.
Karen and the Roadrunner

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to tell you how long I stared at the first photo looking for the roadrunner. (LOL)

    ReplyDelete