Monday, March 16, 2015

Crane Festival - Monte Vista, CO

These photos were all taken at the Crane Festival - Sandhill cranes.  They are very cool birds that stand about 4' tall.  Twenty thousand of them are migrating through the valley and we'll miss them when they are gone.  They often fly right over our house.


Looks like sunset but this photo was taken at sunrise.


I took hundreds of photos and this is my favorite.  I played with it in Photoshop but don't remember what I did.

An eagle sent these sandhills flying.

A closer view.

Sandhills and sunrise.

Two photos Photoshopped together.

Two more photos Photoshopped together.



There are quite a few Canadian geese and a few pintail ducks around, too.

One of the stops we made on the bus tour.  The little dot in the tree in the background is a hawk.

A closer view of the hawk.

An owl winking at me.

A tree looking at me.

Another sunrise photo.

Two photos Photoshopped together.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment