Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 3 - Bird Center



We finally made it to the Bird Center here on the Island - something we have been meaning to do for two months. There was much more to it than I expected and I think I may buy a 3 month pass next year. There is over 1 mile of boardwalks, a movie, a cool lookout place from which you can see the Laguna Madre and the Gulf of Mexico. The best time to see birds is in April when migrating birds come through but there were a good number of birds to see today. This colorful bird is a roseate spoonbill.

1 comment:

  1. (Ken) I love looking at birds. Our whole town is suppose to be a Bird Sanctuary... though I don't know exactly how that works. It is good they have places that protect birds. In the last 100 years 17 species of bird have went extinct. Though it doesn't sound like much, one must really take a closer look at the dynamics.

    ReplyDelete