Sunday, November 20, 2011

Nov 1 - Corsicana, TX


We stopped for the night in Corsicana but instead of staying in the Walmart parking lot for the night, we got permission to stay in the parking lot of this beautiful historic Methodist Church.  

The church was close to downtown so we could walk to the famous Collin Street Bakery.  They made fabulous fruitcakes - not those kind with the icky fruit in them.  I couldn't resist having just one small slice of the pineapple and pecan and it was delicious!  Cost for a whole cake?  $34.00.  As you can see, they have all sorts of other tempting goodies.


After supper we took a walk to the courthouse.


The church secretary unlocked the sanctuary so I could take a few photos.  I'm afraid my photo can't begin to do this beautiful sanctuary justice.  I wish we'd able to attend a Sunday service, but we can't be taking up such a huge chunk of the parking lot on a Sunday morning.  Our next stop:  San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment